Houston Community Health Resources
A List of Health & Medical Resources
Community health resources are important to improving health. Unfortunately, a lot of the resources and programs are not easily found by the general public. There are so many initiatives by nonprofits, colleges, government agencies and private companies that it becomes almost impossible to know about them all.
Health education and access to resources is a major part of why I started my clinic. While Prickly Pear provides a wide range of primary care services, sometimes the community needs specialized services.
This page is a living document. I will add more resources as I'm made aware of them or as a need is requested.
Mental Health Resources
- Asociación Nacional de Salud Mental – Houston (NAMI) | 713-970-4419
- Centro Psiquiátrico del Condado Harris | UT 713-741-5000
- Centros de Comunidad y Familia | 713-923-2316
- UT Harris County Psychiatric Center 2800 South MacGregor Way 77021 | 713-741-5000
- (Spanish) Clínica Baylor de Psiquiatría | 713-798-4857
- The Harris Center for Mental Health and IDD 3630 West Dallas St. 77019 | 713-970-4444
- Harris Health Behavioral Health (Multiple Locations) (Eligibility) 713-566-6509 | (Spanish) 713-526-4243
- Hostel Santa Maria (Sólo para Mujeres) 713-691-0900
- Línea de Crisis - Adolescentes 713-526-8088
- Línea de Crisis - Centro de Mujeres (Violencia Doméstica) 713-528-2121 (Asalto Sexual) 713-528-7273
- Línea de Crisis - Intervención para Crisis de Houston 713-526-8088
- Krist Samaritan Center 17555 El Camino Real 77058 281-480-7554
- El Centro de Corazon | 713-660-1880